I am a labour economist interested in development. Through my work, I try to have a positive impact on developing countries by creating evidence-based policies that aim to reduce poverty, inequality and discrimination.
I completed my PhD in Economics in the Australian National University in 2008 and have been working as an Economist for RMIT since 2009.
My research area is in labour economics with a focus on the developing world. I have published studies on trade and labour economics, applications of labour to sports economics, on poverty and inequality and on political economy and labour market outcomes.
For further information about my research activities, working projects and area of specialisation please visit: www.albertoposso.org.
- Posso, A.,Fry, T.,Gangemi, M.,Tawadros, G. (2016). ¡Fútbol! Is there a Latin American bias in the European Champions League? In: Journal of Sports Economics, 17, 1 - 15
- Posso, A. (2016). (In Press) Hay discriminación en contra de las mujeres en el mercado laboral ecuatoriano? (Is there discrimination against women in the Ecuadorian labour market?) In: Cuadernos de Economía, , 1 - 25
- Posso, A.,Feeny, S. (2016). Beyond enrolments: the determinants of primary-school attendance in Melanesia In: Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, , 1 - 18
- Ahmed, S.,Feeny, S.,Posso, A. (2016). What firm characteristics determine women's employment in manufacturing? Evidence from Bangladesh In: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, 35, 99 - 122
- Posso, A. (2016). Internet usage and educational outcomes among 15-year-old Australian students In: International Journal of Communication, 10, 3851 - 3876
- Feeny, S.,Posso, A.,Beasley, J. (2015). Handle with care: fragile states and the determinants of fragility In: Applied Economics, 47, 1073 - 1085
- Posso, A. (2015). Remittances and financial institutions: Is there a causal linkage? In: The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, 15, 769 - 789
- Posso, A.,Feeny, S. (2015). Income, democracy and European colonization In: Applied Economic Letters, 22, 1257 - 1261
- Brooks, D.,Posso, A. (2015). Enhancing Labour Mobility in the APEC Region In: Australian Department of Employment Melbourne, Australia
- Awaworyi Churchill, S.,Okai, D.,Posso, A. (2015). Internet use and ethnic heterogeneity in a cross-section of countries In: Economic Papers, 35, 59 - 72
- The benefits of cataract removal and restoring sight in Vietnam: moving beyond income. Funded by: Fred Hollows Foundation Grant 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
- Economic Shocks: Reducing Vulnerability and Increasing Resilience in the Pacific. Funded by: Australian Development Research Awards pre-2014 from (2010 to 2013)
2 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions