Timos Sellis is a Professor in the School of Computer Science and Information Technology, with an expertise in Data Management.
Timos Sellis’ interests lie in the general area of Data Management. He is particularly interested in Database Systems, data streams, peer-to-peer database systems, personalization, the integration of Web and databases, spatio-temporal database systems, Web Information Systems, On Line Analytical Processing, Data Warehouses.
- BEng National Technical University of Athens (Greece)
- MSc Harvard Univ. (USA)
- PhD (Sci) Univ. of California, Berkeley (USA)
Director, Institute for the Management of Information Systems, part of the Research and Innovation Centre in Information, Communication and Knowledge Technologies ("Athena"), Greece.
Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science Division, National Technical Univ. of Athens, Greece.
Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science Division, National Technical Univ. of Athens, Greece.
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Univ. of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, USA.
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Univ. of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, USA.
Presidential Young Investigator (PYI) award. Awarded by the President of the United States of America to the top young researchers.
VDLB 10 Year Paper Award (awarded to the paper published in the proceedings of the VLDB 1987 conference that had the biggest impact in the field of database systems in the decade 1987-97). For the paper: “The R+-Tree: A Dynamic Index for Multi-Dimensional Objects”, by Timos K. Sellis, Nick Roussopoulos and Christos Faloutsos.
Chair, National Research Council of Research and Technology, Greece.
Chair, Research Council on Informatics-Telecommunications-Systems, Greece.
IEEE Fellow, for contributions to database query optimization, and spatial data management.
Representative of Greece, ICT FP7 Program Committee, European Union.
- Vergoulis, T.,KanelloS, I.,Kostoulas, N.,Georgakilas, G.,Sellis, T.,Hatzigeorgiou, A.,Dalamagas, T. (2015). (In Press) mirPub: a database for searching microRNA publications In: Bioinformatics, , 1 - 3
- Dimitriou, A.,Theodoratos, D.,Sellis, T. (2015). Top-k-size keyword search on tree structured data In: Information Systems, 47, 178 - 193
- Soltani Panah, A.,van Schyndel, R.,Sellis, T.,Bertino, E. (2015). In the shadows we trust: a secure aggregation tolerant watermark for data streams In: Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM 2015), Boston, United States, 14-17 June 2015
- Choudhury, F.,Culpepper, J.,Sellis, T. (2015). Batch processing of top-K spatial-textual queries In: Proceedings of the Second International ACM Workshop on Managing and Mining Enriched Geo-Spatial Data (GeoRich 2015), Melbourne, Victoria, 31 May - 4 June 2015
- Sathe, S.,Sellis, T.,Aberer, K. (2015). On crowdsensed data acquisition using multi-dimensional point processes In: Proceedings of the 31st IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering Workshops (ICDEW 2015), Seoul, South Korea, 13-17 April 2015
- Goonetilleke, T.,Sathe, S.,Sellis, T.,Zhang, X. (2015). Microblogging queries on graph databases: an introspection In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Graph Data Management Experiences and Systems (GRADES 2015), Melbourne, Australia, 31 May-4 June 2015
- Bikakis, N.,Liagouris, J.,Kromida, M.,Papastefanatos, G.,Sellis, T. (2015). Towards scalable visual exploration of very large RDF graphs In: Proceedings of the 12th European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2015) - LNCS 9341, Portoroz, Slovenia, 31 May-4 June 2015
- Razavi Hesabi, Z.,Sellis, T.,Zhang, X. (2015). Anytime concurrent clustering of multiple streams with an indexing tree In: Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Big Data, Streams and Heterogeneous Source Mining: Algorithms, Systems, Programming Models and Applications, Sydney, Australia, 10 August 2015
- Kantere, V.,Bousounis, D.,Sellis, T. (2015). Mapping discovery over revealing schemas In: International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems, 24, 1 - 43
- Kantere, V.,Orfanoudakis, G.,Kementsietsidis, A.,Sellis, T. (2015). Query relaxation across heterogeneous data sources In: Proceedings of the 24th ACM International Conference on Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2015), Melbourne, Australia, 19-23 October 2015
- Effective and Efficient Query Processing over Dynamic Social Networks . Funded by: ARC Discovery 2016 from (2016 to 2018)
- Efficient and effective ad-hoc search using structured and unstructured geospatial information. Funded by: ARC Discovery 2014 from (2014 to 2016)
- Searching, combining and interpreting tabular data in scientific papers. Funded by: Google Research Awards from (2013 to 2014)
1 PhD Completions12 PhD Current Supervisions