- Program Leader of
degree and double degree.
- Supervision of Postgraduate and Honours projects
- Coordination and teaching of courses in undergraduate (degree and double degree listed above) and postgraduate:
, Master of Biotechnology (Food Science and Technology) and Master of Applied Science (Food Science and Technology).
- B. Ag. Sc. (Hons), Uni. Tabriz, Iran
- Doctorate, Faculty of Science and Technology, Uni. Montpellier, France
- Grad. Dip. Ed., Hawthorn Institute, Melbourne
Membership of professional associations
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Food Science & Technology (FAIFST
- Admitted to membership of the:
- Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)
- Dairy Industry Association of Australia (DIAA)
- Institute for Thermal Processing Specialists (IFTPS)
- ASCILITE (the Australian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education)
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI)-Cereals Division.
- Pourjavaheri, F.,Jones, O.,Mohaddes, F.,Sherkat, F.,Gupta, A.,Shanks, R. (2016). Green plastics: Utilizing chicken feather keratin in thermoplastic polyurethane composites to enhance thermo-mechanical properties In: 74th Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers 2016, Indianapolis, Indiana, 23-25 May 2016
- Pourjavaheri, F.,Mohaddes, F.,Jones, O.,Sherkat, F.,Kong, I.,Gupta, A.,Shanks, R. (2016). Analysis and Characterization of Novel Avian Keratin Fibre Based Bio-composites In: Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Composites/Nano Engineering, Haikou, China, 17-23 July 2016
- Miremadi, F.,Sherkat, F.,Stojanovska, L. (2016). Hypocholesterolaemic effect and anti-hypertensive properties of probiotics and prebiotics: A review In: Journal of Functional Foods, 25, 497 - 510
- Pourjavaheri, F.,Mohaddes, F.,Bramwell, P.,Sherkat, F.,Shanks, R. (2015). Purification of avian biological material to refined keratin fibres In: RSC Advances, 5, 69899 - 69906
- Miremadi, F.,Ayyash, M.,Sherkat, F.,Stojanovska, L. (2014). Cholesterol reduction mechanisms and fatty acid composition of cellular membranes of probiotic Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria In: Journal of Functional Foods, 9, 295 - 305
- Ayyash, M.,Sherkat, F.,Shah, N. (2013). Effect of partial NaCl substitution with KCl on the texture profile, microstructure, and sensory properties of low-moisture mozzarella cheese In: Journal of Dairy Research, 80, 7 - 13
- Prasad, L.,Sherkat, F.,Shah, N. (2013). Influence of galactooligosaccharides and modified waxy maize starch on some attributes of yogurt In: Journal of Food Science, 78, 77 - 83
- Prasad, L.,Ghosh, B.,Sherkat, F.,Shah, N. (2013). Extraction and characterisation of β-galactosidase produced by Bifidobacterium animalis spp. lactis Bb12 and Lactobacillus delbrueckii spp. bulgaricus ATCC 11842 grown in whey In: International Food Research Journal, 20, 487 - 494
- Ayyash, M.,Sherkat, F.,Shah, N. (2013). Sodium chloride substitution of cheese In: Handbook of Cheese in Health: Production, Nutrition and Medical Sciences, Wageningen Academic Publishers, Wageningen, Netherlands
- Arjmand, A.,Shamsi, K.,Sherkat, F. (2013). Effects of extraction methods and heat treatment on total phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity in juice extracted from the Australian-grown 'wonderful' pomegranate In: Asian Journal of Food and Agro-Industry, 6, 42 - 57
- High Pressure Processing and Dairy Proteins. Funded by: CSIRO Post Graduate Top-Up Scholarship from (2005 to 2007)
- A comparative study on the impact of thermal and pulsed electric fields processing on physical, chemical and microbiologial qualities of cheese milk and the resulting cheeses. Funded by: CSIRO Post Graduate Top-Up Scholarship from (2005 to 2007)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
1 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions4 PhD Completions and 2 Masters by Research Completions
Probiotic and synbiotic yoghurt, Pulsed Electric Field and Ultrahigh Pressure treatment of milk and diary products, soybean-based functional foods (soy milk extraction and ultra filtration, tofu yeild and texture, value-adding to soy pulp (Okara) and soy-bovine milk-based synbiotic), prebiotics research (Inulin from milk concnetration permeate and from Jerusalem artichoke), cereals science and technology (malting barley, bread improvers and dough rheology).