Professor Rob Strathdee is the Head of School, School of Education.
- Vocational Education and Training
- Education policy (especially tertiary)
- Education Social Reproduction
- The labour market
- 1996 – 1999: Doctoral Scholarship, University of Canterbury
- 2013-15 Appointed to the Marsden Fund Social Science Panel
- 2009 – present: Appointed to the International Advisory Board of International Studies in the Sociology of Education journal
- 2009 – present: Appointed to the Editorial Advisory Board of the journal British Educational Research Journal
- 2009 – present: Appointed to the Editorial Board of the journal Further and Higher Education
- 2009: Appointed by the International Labour Organisation to contribute to international study of qualifications frameworks
- 2004 – present: Appointed to the Editorial Board of Journal of Education and Work.
- 2000: Doctor of Philosophy, University of Canterbury, Christchurch
- 1994: Master of Education (with Distinction), University of Canterbury, Christchurch
- 1991: Diploma of Teaching, Christchurch College of Education
- 1991: Bachelor of Education, University of Canterbury.
- 2010 – Aug 2013: Professor of Education and Head of School, School of Education Policy and Implementation
- 2009 – 2010: Associate Professor and Head of School, School of Education Policy and Implementation, Victoria University of Wellington
- 2008 – 2009: Senior Lecturer and Head of School, School of Education Policy and Implementation, Victoria University of Wellington
- 2006 – 2008: Senior Lecturer and Head of School, School of Education Studies, Victoria University of Wellington
- 2004 – 2006: Senior Lecturer, School of Education Studies, Victoria University of Wellington
- 2000 – 2004: Lecturer in Contextual Studies, Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia.
- Cooper, G.,Barkatsas, T.,Strathdee, R. (2016). The theory of planned behaviour (TPB) in educational research using structural equation modelling (SEM) In: Global Learning in the 21st Century, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Strathdee, R. (2013). Reclaiming the disengaged: Reform of New Zealand's vocational education and training and social welfare systems In: Research in Post-Compulsory Education, 18, 29 - 45
- Strathdee, R.,Engler, R. (2012). Who is missing from higher education in New Zealand? In: British Educational Research Journal, 38, 497 - 514
- Strathdee, R. (2012). The social composition of VET in New Zealand In: Globalisation, Societies and Education, 10, 53 - 76
- Strathdee, R. (2011). Educational reform, inequality and the structure of higher education in New Zealand In: Journal of Education and Work, 24, 27 - 48
- Strathdee, R. (2011). The implementation, evolution and impact of New Zealand's national qualifications framework In: Journal of Education and Work, 24, 303 - 321
- Strathdee, R. (2011). Reply to O'Neill: The privatisation of public schooling in New Zealand In: Journal of Education Policy, 26, 721 - 724
- Tan, T.,Strathdee, R. (2010). Citizenship, identity and the social studies curriculum in Singapore In: Pacific-Asian Education (PAE) Journal - A Journal about Education in Pacific Circle Countries, 22, 77 - 90
- Smyth, R.,Strathdee, R. (2010). The effects of type of institution attended on graduate earnings in New Zealand: A cross field comparison In: British Journal of Sociology of Education, 31, 489 - 508
- Mwanzia, J.,Strathdee, R. (2010). Participatory development: Empowerment, transformation and sustainability in Kenya, Ashgate Publishing, London, United Kingdom
- Access to higher education: Does distance impact students' intentions to attend university?. Funded by: National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2016)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
1 PhD Completions2 PhD Current Supervisions
Education policy, Educational sociology, Vocational education and training, Labour market studies..