Keith is a research fellow in the areas of bushfire, community resilience and communication. Previously, Keith worked as an analyst with the Institute for Logistics and Supply Chain Management in the area of port clusters. Prior to immigrating to Australia, his professional experience was in software design and development with major project lifecycle experience whilst working at Fujitsu Services (UK). Major projects have included the UK Department of Constitutional Affairs, the Automobile Association and the UK Post Office. With a background in manufacturing engineering with a trade certificate in metal machining, he is very versatile with a very broad understanding of both the IT and manufacturing industries. He retains a keen interest in systems modelling architectures and methodologies such as UML, Zachman Framework, TOGAF, SSADM, Rational Unified Process and RM-ODP.
- Social capital and community resilience
- Military and emergency organisations
- Architectures for enterprise modelling
- The Lord Austin Prize - Institution of Electrical Engineers (1995)
- The Cascelloid Prize - Loughborough University (1994)
- The Ronald G. Hooker Manufacturing Award - Institution of Electrical Engineers (1993)
- The Travelling Exhibition Prize - Loughborough University (1993)
- Certificate of Merit – Singapore Polytechnic (1989)
Keith is an avid photographer using large and medium formats He is also actively involved in full bore target rifle shooting.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) - Enterprise modelling and information systems modelling architectures, Loughborough University (1997)
- Bachelor of Engineering B.Eng. (Honours) - Manufacturing Engineering and Management, Loughborough University (1994)
- National Trade Certificate (NTC Grade 3) - Metal machining, Institute of Technical Education, Singapore (1992)
- Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering and Management (Certificate of Merit), Singapore Polytechnic (1989)
- Commonwealth Engineers’ Council. Conference held in conjunction with Commonwealth Heads of Governments Meeting. Role of Young Engineers in Wealth Creation and Sustainable Development, Edinburgh, UK, October 1997.
- British Association. National week of science, engineering and technology (SET99). Poster Presentation and Conference, Houses of Parliament, Westminster, London. March 1999.
- Toh, K.,Corbitt, B.,Beekhuyzen, J. (2014). A knowledge management model to improve the development of bushfire communication products In: Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 18, 97 - 118
- Fairbrother, P.,Mees, B.,Tyler, M.,Phillips, R.,Akama, Y.,Toh, K.,Cooper, V.,Chaplin, S. (2014). Effective Communication: Communities and Bushfire In: Bushfire Cooperative Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
- Fairbrother, P.,Tyler, M.,Hart, A.,Mees, B.,Phillips, R.,Stratford, J.,Toh, K. (2013). Creating 'community'? Preparing for bushfire in rural Victoria In: Rural Sociology, 78, 186 - 209
- Elliott, G.,Walker, M.,Cooper, V.,Fairbrother, P.,Toh, K. (2013). The RMIT 'communications grid': A formative knowledge management tool In: Country Fire Authority Australia
- Tyler, M.,Fairbrother, P.,Chaplin, S.,Mees, B.,Phillips, R.,Toh, K. (2012). Gender matters: applying a gendered analysis to bushfire research in Australia In: Working Papers in Sustainable Organisations in Australia, 3, 1 - 26
- Phillips, R.,Chaplin, S.,Fairbrother, P.,Mees, B.,Toh, K.,Tyler, M. (2012). The question of 'community': international debates and implications for bushfire research and policy in Australia In: Working Papers in Sustainable Organisations and Work, 2012, 1 - 43
- Akama, Y.,Chaplin, S.,Phillips, R.,Toh, K. (2012). Design-led strategies for bushfire preparedness In: Proceedings of the Disaster and Emergency Management Conference, Brisbane, Australia, 16 - 18th April 2012
- Walker, M.,Toh, K.,Fairbrother, P.,Elliott, G. (2012). Developing and Evaluating Effective Bushfire Communication Pathways, Procedures and Products, Briefing Report One - Assessing current knowledge In: Country Fire Authority Victoria Melbourne, Australia
- Walker, M.,Toh, K.,Fairbrother, P.,Elliott, G. (2012). Developing and Evaluating Effective 'Bushfire' Communication Pathways, Procedures and Products Report Four - Localities and Bushfire Information: Findings and Recommendations In: Country Fire Authority Victoria Melbourne, Australia
- Toh, K.,Heslop, L.,Burton, T. (2011). Supporting nursing services through a research framework and reference model In: Journal of Health Informatics, 6, 1 - 9
1 PhD Current Supervisions