Project - "Analytical and Experimental Studies of the Fundamental Theories for Composite Structures"
This project is applying for the 2017 Outstanding Scientific Achievement Prize in Universities of China. Professor Yufei Wu of RMIT University in Australia hereby declares to be a co-investigator of this project, according to the stipulation of publicity.
- Publicity of award application (Chinese and English) (PDF 96KB)
- Award application (Chinese) (PDF 1.3MB 25pp)
The publicity period is 5 days. If any organisation or individual has objections, please report in writing to the University with real identity. Anonymous objection is inadmissible.
This project presented the theories of partial-interaction composite beams based on the Timoshenko's beam theory and two-dimensional theories. It is shown quantitatively that the stiffness of the shear connectors significantly affected the static, dynamic and buckling behaviors of the composite structures. Variational principles of partial-interaction composite beams in terms of the displacements and stress resultants were given systematically for the static and dynamic analysis as well as the buckling behaviors. Consequently, the Hamiltonian system was firstly introduced into the dynamic analysis of the partial-interaction composite beams. Effect of corner radius and cross-sectional aspect ratio on the strength of CFRP-confined concrete columns were studied experimentally. Unified strength and stress-strain models for square, circular and rectangular concrete columns confined by external jacket were developed. The ten representative papers were cited 383 times in the web of science and more than 520 times in Scopus.
- Yu, Q.,Wu, Y. (2017). Fatigue strengthening of cracked steel beams with different configurations and materials In: Journal of Composites for Construction, 21, 1 - 12
- Yuan, F.,Wu, Y.,Li, C. (2017). Modelling plastic hinge of FRP-confined RC columns In: Engineering Structures, 131, 651 - 668
- Kazmi, S.,Munir, M.,Patnaikuni, I.,Wu, Y. (2017). Pozzolanic reaction of sugarcane bagasse ash and its role in controlling alkali silica reaction In: Construction and Building Materials, 148, 231 - 240
- Li, P.,Wu, Y. (2016). Stress-strain behavior of actively and passively confined concrete under cyclic axial load In: Composite Structures, 149, 369 - 384
- Wu, Y. (2016). Theorems for flexural design of RC members In: Journal of Structural Engineering (United States), 142, 1 - 15
- Lin, J.,Wu, Y. (2016). Numerical analysis of interfacial bond behavior of externally bonded FRP-to-concrete joints In: Journal of Composites for Construction, 20, 1 - 15
- Wei, Y.,Wu, Y. (2016). Experimental study of concrete columns with localized failure In: Journal of Composites for Construction, 20, 1 - 16
- Cao, Y.,Jiang, C.,Wu, Y. (2016). Cross-sectional unification on the stress-strain model of concrete subjected to high passive confinement by fiber-reinforced polymer In: Polymers, 8, 1 - 17
- Li, P.,Wu, Y.,Gravina, R. (2016). Cyclic response of FRP-confined concrete with post-peak strain softening behavior In: Construction and Building Materials, 123, 814 - 828
- Zheng, J.,Zhang, C.,Wu, Y.,Sun, L. (2016). Random-walk algorithm for chloride diffusivity of concrete with aggregate shape effect In: Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 28, 1 - 10
4 PhD Current Supervisions