Event details Event cancelled
Gathering Glenroy is a community based art event involving the exhibition of artworks, art workshops and performances.
The event is a celebration a successful two year residency within the community of Glenroy, which had the aim of increasing community engagement through public art in suburbs that have limited access to conventional art actives, such as galleries, museums or institutions.
Developed and led by artists and residents Shane and Tammy Hulbert, the Artist Incubator: Glenroy project was supported by RMIT University, Moreland Council and the Australian Copyright Council Cultural Fund.
Art and community events on the day include:
- The Glenroy Projection Screening Room by James Voller
- Photogram Workshops with Sofi Basseghi
- Nature Screen Printing Workshops and Nature Walks with Rebecca Mayo
- Greeting from Glenroy Workshops - The community will participate in sending postcards, with images of Glenroy developed during the residency, with artist Phil Edwards
- Mobile Edible Gardens - with Rowena Booth and Tammy Hulbert
- The Collected Home by Claire Tracey. The community will be working with the community to build a house from materials sourced from the local neighbourhood
Parking: Entry to the parking is located at the rear of the property on Acacia St.
Public Transport: The Wheatsheaf Hub is only a 5 min walk from Glenroy train station. Glenroy is in Zone 1 on the Craigieburn line, with direct trains to the city and buses to Coburg (Bell St).