Event details Event cancelled
Horizon 2020 is the European Union's new programme for research and innovation which will run from 2014 to 2020 with a budget of nearly EUR 80 billion.
In comparison to FP7, Horizon 2020 is a single programme bringing together three separate programmes/initiatives:
- Coupling research to innovation - from research to retail, all forms of innovation
- Focus on societal challenges facing EU society, e.g. Health, clean energy and transport
- Simplified access, for all companies, universities, institutes in all EU countries and beyond.
This event will provide Australian researchers with a better understanding of the structure, objectives, instruments and work programme of Horizon 2020, and how Australian researchers can participate in Horizon 2020. It will include presentations, case studies and remarks from the following speakers:
- Dr Calum Drummond, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and Innovation and Vice-President, RMIT University
- HE Mr Sem Fabrizi, Ambassador and Head of Delegation, Delegation of the European Union to Australia and New Zealand
- Lisa Schofield, General Manager, Research, Collaboration and International Engagement Branch, Science, Research and Innovation Division, Department of Industry
- Marisa Atienza Morales, Deputy Head of Unit, Advanced Energy Production, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission, Brussels
- Cameron Slatyer, Manager International Strategy Section, Research Collaboration and International Engagement Branch, Science, Research and Innovation Division, Department of Industry
- John Zic, Principal Research Scientist, Research Team Leader, ICT Centre, CSIRO
- John Tuckwell, Senior Adviser, Delegation of the European Union to Australia.