Event details Event cancelled
This symposium aims to consolidate Humanitarian Architecture Research Bureau's networks with non-profit, humanitarian agencies.
It will draw on existing links and also seek to build new links particularly with organisations that implement shelter programs after natural disasters such as the recent earthquakes in Nepal and typhoons in the Philippines.
The first part of the symposium will introduce the work of Humanitarian Architecture Research Bureau (HARB) and its partners, leading to a discussion on strengthening and building partnerships.
How HARB might be able to play a role and support current and future initiatives in post-disaster shelter in recent disaster sites will be explored.
Panel discussion: Role of Design for Post-Disaster Shelter
- Esther Charlesworth, HARB, RMIT
- Alison Cleary, Australian Institute of Architects
- Peter Lawther, Australian Red Cross
- Brett Moore, World Vision International
- Suresh Pokharel, Plan International
- Paul Pholeros, Health Habitat
Registration and bookings
RSVP required as places are strictly limited.