Event details Event cancelled
Join experts in a lively discussion on how to make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
The panel discussion will focus on "How to make public private partnerships work for urban sustainable development – challenges and successes".
As global mandates heighten, there has never been a more critical need for public private partnerships and collaborative action. This dialogue draws on the expertise and experience of UN Global Compact – Cities Programme global advisors and partners to explore a fresh approach to Public Private Partnerships (PPPs).
The Cities Programme’s Multi Partner Sustainable Urban Development Project Model is presented as a system to enable the development of partnerships and capacity to drive advance UN Sustainable Development Goal 11: ‘Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable’ at the local level. A range of case studies, diagnostic tools, partnership approaches and ethical frameworks are also presented.
Presenters and panelists include ...
- Alan Pears, Co-director, Sustainable Solutions; Global Advisor, UN Global Compact - Cities Programme; Senior Industry Fellow, RMIT
- Lucia Cade, Chair, South East Water; Global Advisor, UN Global Compact - Cities Programme
- Rebecca Casson, CEO, Committee for Geelong
- Michael Nolan, Chair, UN Global Compact – Cities Programme
- Elizabeth Ryan, Deputy Director, UN Global Compact - Cities Programme (Chair)
This event is part of the Sustainable Living Festival. It is also part of the World Urban Campaign, of which the UN Global Compact – Cities Programme is a Lead Partner.