Event details Event cancelled
See how engineering is changing the way we live. This free one day event introduces you to engineering at RMIT where you'll get to experience workshops from four different disciplines of engineering.
Designed for high school students in years 10, 11 or 12, you'll gain an overview of all the engineering disciplines offerred at RMIT.
As part of the day, you'll take part in four practical workshops out of nine different options.
As part of your registration, please select your first and second preference for workshops. We'll try our hardest to make sure you get to try these two activites, plus two others.
- Advanced manufacturing - Use of 3D printers
- Aerospace engineering - Build and flight test a small model glider
- Biomedical engineering - What is biomedical engineering?
- Chemical engineering - Paper scissors rock: Can a gas crush metal?
- Civil engineering - Strength of concrete
- Electrical engineering - Build an electrical motor
- Electronic and communication engineering - Radio bug
- Environmental engineering - Groundwater contamination
- Mechanical engineering - Crash testing for dummies and crashworthy vehicle design
You’ll also get the chance to check out our City campus, meet other high school students interested in engineering and meet current RMIT students.
About Experience Days
RMIT University offers a number of free events designed to encourage students from years 10, 11 and 12 to engage in hands-on workshops, explore life on campus and get behind the scenes, while experiencing different aspects of discipline areas.
See a full list of available events at Experience Days.
Registrations are essential. Please register online.
- Places are limited and registration for this event is essential. (Registrations are limited to two events per student per year).
- Lunch is included
For any enquiries please contact Melinda Dziedzic
Tel. +61 3 9925 3699