RMIT's Vacation and Internship Fair offers you a premium opportunity to recruit talented students for both short and long term work opportunities as well as work integrated learning placements.
Thursday 3 August, 2017
The Vacation and Internship Fair will take place in three distinct sessions. Organisations are encouraged to attend those relevant to them, choosing to attend one, two or all three sessions. Please ensure you register for the correct sessions.
Storey Hall, Building 16, 342 Swanston Street, Melbourne
First session 10am–12pm
- School of Accounting Co-operative Program Fair
- Exclusive event open to all second-year accounting students eligible to undertake the Co-operative Year in 2018
- First year accounting students will also attend to meet employers and plan future career opportunities.
Second session 1–3pm
- Business IT and Logistics
- Economics, Finance and Marketing
- Business and Law
- Media and Communication
- Social Work and Community Services
- Justice and Legal
Third session 4–6pm
- Architecture and Design
- Fashion and Textiles
- Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Property, Construction and Project Management
- Environment, Planning and Urban Design
How do I register?
Who can attend?
You can attend if:
- you are offering paid opportunities such as vacation work, internships, work integrated learning and cooperative placements.
- you have a related job vacancy on CareerHub at the time of the event. Find out more about registering with CareerHub.
Professional associations are exempt from these requirements.
You can attend if:
- you have an ABN and are registered as a not-for-profit entity, as stipulated by the Australian Taxation Office and Volunteering Australia
- your insurance covers volunteers
- the opportunity adheres to the definition and principles of volunteering as defined by Volunteering Australia
- volunteers will be provided with adequate and appropriate induction, training, support and supervision
- the opportunity is less than 16 hours per week, does not replace paid workers or constitutes a threat to the job security of paid workers
- your organisation is non-denominational.
If you are promoting volunteer internships, services or products where students incur a charge, please contact the RMIT Careers Service before registering.
What else do I need to know?
Your stand will:
- measure approximately 1.8 metres x 1 metre
- include one table and two chairs
- accommodate two staff and a small display
- not have power and wireless internet.
Deliveries can only be received at Storey Hall or via the service lift in Rodda Lane (off La Trobe Street) on 3 August from 8.30am. We cannot receive deliveries prior to this time.
Additional information will be emailed to participants following successful registration and prior to the event.
For enquiries please contact RMIT Careers and Employability or phone on +61 3 9925 3901.