Employing an apprentice or trainee is just one way RMIT can develop your workforce.
You’ll gain the potential to not only improve your bottom line but also spark the exchange of fresh ideas and valuable insights. Federal and state government incentives are available to eligible employers to reduce training costs. See the Australian Apprentices website for more information.
Employ an apprentice or trainee
Group Training Association of Victoria - GTAV
Tel. +61 3 9639 3955
Advertise your vacancies
National Jobs Database
Tel. 131 715
After you’ve employed an apprentice or trainee:
- Inform the apprentice/trainee of employment conditions.
- Complete a Training Agreement.
- Make provision for superannuation for the apprentice/trainee.
- Make sure the apprentice/trainee is covered by a WorkCover policy.
- Confirm Commonwealth Government incentives available to you as an employer.
- Make sure apprentice/trainee is enrolled at RMIT.
- A Training Plan must be negotiated and developed with RMIT and the apprentice/trainee.
- The employer, the apprentice/trainee and RMIT must all sign the Training Plan.
- Apply for Commonwealth incentives after the three-month waiting period.
- Prepare on-the-job training as described in the training program.
Vocational Education Employer Self Service
What is Vocational Education Employer Self Service (VEESS)?
VEESS is an online self-service system developed by RMIT that gives the employer direct access to employees’ training records. VEESS allows the employer to do the following for each apprentice and trainee:
- View each day’s attendance and future attendance schedule
- View training and assessment progress
- Review and confirm competence at course level
- Review and confirm competence on completion of qualification (in development)
- Review and approve training plan (in development).
What are the benefits of VEESS for the employer?
VEESS is unique to RMIT: no other training provider of apprenticeship and traineeship programs offers a system like VEESS. Some of the benefits:
- Direct, real-time access to employees’ training records, available 24/7 from any computer with an internet connection.
- All the information that the employer is already familiar with, in a more convenient online format.
- Reduces the paperwork the employer needs to complete.
- Speeds up approval processes.
Business Development Manager - Apprenticeships & Traineeships
Phone: +61 3 9925 0471