RMIT is intensely engaged in developing new advanced automotive, transport and logistics technologies with major companies in Europe, North America and Asia.
Our engineering research is tied to the needs of industry and government and encompasses priorities in sustainability, health, communications, materials and many other specialised technical areas.
Research centres and facilities
We operate cutting-edge centres and facilities and equipment that deliver research testing and development outcomes to students and industry.
- Green Engines Research Facility
- Advanced Manufacturing Precinct
- Games and Experimental Entertainment Laboratory (GEElab)
- Automotive, Dynamics and Aerodynamics Laboratories
- Centre for Sustainable Organisations and Work.
Research and development achievements
- Australia’s first hydrogen-powered racing car in partnership with Germany’s Fachhochschule Ingolstadt University of Applied Science
- An all-electric Formula SAE Racecar in partnership with the AutoCRC and La Trobe University
- Research contract with Hyundai Kia Motors (Republic of Korea) to work on sustainable automotive solutions.
RMIT is a Foundation Member of the Alliance for Supply Chain Innovation (ASCI), providing industry-supported research in logistics and supply chain management.
- General Motors
- Hyundai Kia Automotive Group
- Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council
- TNT Australia
- Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia
- Port of Melbourne Corporation
- Toll Group
Contact the Industry Engagement team to enquire about our services, or partnership opportunities.