Our support services and networks will help you to succeed at uni and stay healthy and happy. We will support you during every step of your RMIT journey.
Please note that student login is required for all links.
Getting started – Orientation
Our Getting started – Orientation program at RMIT is here to help you find out about clubs and societies, meet other students who share your interests and find out more about your campus. Your school and program will also have its own orientation session with program-specific information.
As an RMIT student, you can get personalised support to reach your study goals and stay healthy and happy whenever you need it.
Our support services include:
- children's Centre at our City campus and there are two community-based parent-run cooperative centres at the Brunswick and Bundoora campuses
- counselling service for safe, professional and confidential counselling
- financial services, for advice and information to help you manage your money while you study
- legal advice and information on a wide range of issues
- chaplaincy for multi-faith spiritual advice and support, activities and workshops
- prayer rooms at each campus.
- parenting rooms at each campus
- Student Wellbeing Advisors for free help, advice and support in areas like student wellbeing, legal, accommodation, work rights and renting matters.
Studying and learning advice
Our Study and learning centre provides a friendly environment to build your academic skills with experienced teachers and students to guide you.
Support for students with a disability
The Disability Liaison Unit supports students with disabilities or long-term health conditions to manage their studies.
Support for international students
We provide support or advice to international students and help you get the most out of your time in Australia and at RMIT.
Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
RMIT’s Ngarara Willim Centre proudly provides study, cultural and personal support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, along with an encouraging environment for making new friends and connections.
Work and careers
The RMIT Careers service can help you find a job while you study and consider your career options beyond RMIT. They can help you to find casual, part time or vacation work and help you write job applications and prepare for interviews.