A brief tour around some of the highlights of RMIT University's Bundoora campus
00:00:03,490 --> 00:00:07,230
Bundoora is a unique campus where you can get away from the bustle of uni life and really
00:00:07,230 --> 00:00:08,999
feel part of the student community.
00:00:08,999 --> 00:00:12,230
Today, I'm going to show you the main
student spaces around campus, as well as some
00:00:12,230 --> 00:00:13,809
of my favourite things to do.
00:00:13,809 --> 00:00:18,099
Most campus action happens around here,
in Building 202. There's the Hub,
00:00:18,099 --> 00:00:21,889
and on level 3, you have Student Services
where you can take advantage of the
00:00:21,889 --> 00:00:22,939
Study and Learning Centre.
00:00:22,939 --> 00:00:28,999
But you're more than a student, so you can also get advice
on work and careers, you might need a place to live,
00:00:28,999 --> 00:00:35,070
finance, and any of these other services that are available
to you. You'll spend a lot of time in the Library.
00:00:35,070 --> 00:00:38,880
And there's another Library here at Bundoora east.
00:00:38,880 --> 00:00:43,060
Downstairs is the cafeteria, where you can
grab a bite to eat and relax between classes.
00:00:43,060 --> 00:00:47,480
You can also hang out in Building 204,
the home of the Student Union and RMIT Link.
00:00:47,480 --> 00:00:49,280
Sign up for a club or social event,
00:00:49,280 --> 00:00:52,409
book a meeting room, and find out how to
get involved in one of the hundreds of
00:00:52,409 --> 00:00:54,010
activities on campus.
00:00:54,010 --> 00:00:56,389
Including sport, for which
Bundoora is renowned.
00:00:56,389 --> 00:00:59,629
There are top facilities including the
Netball and Sports Centre, where you can
00:00:59,629 --> 00:01:01,520
00:01:01,520 --> 00:01:08,520
Shae goes for the shot!
00:01:10,240 --> 00:01:11,940
sweat it out at squash,
00:01:11,940 --> 00:01:14,040
work out in the gym,
00:01:14,040 --> 00:01:17,250
reserve the athletics track.
00:01:17,250 --> 00:01:21,070
Afterwards, if you feel in need of some
recuperation, head to one of the student clinics
00:01:21,070 --> 00:01:24,170
where you can get top-level care at a student price.
00:01:24,170 --> 00:01:26,060
That feels really good!
00:01:26,060 --> 00:01:28,340
Or simply relax in the great outdoors.
00:01:28,340 --> 00:01:31,680
Connect with history by walking the
scarred tree and heritage trail; not only
00:01:31,680 --> 00:01:35,170
will you walk beneath trees that are hundreds of
years old, like the one behind me, you'll
00:01:35,170 --> 00:01:38,290
also discover a link with the Wurundjeri
people, the traditional owners of
00:01:38,290 --> 00:01:39,600
00:01:39,600 --> 00:01:42,700
If you have a favourite place on campus,
post a comment, and don't forget to
00:01:42,700 --> 00:01:43,670
subscribe to this channel.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.