Gemma Eldridge reflects on being an Associate Director and studying a Master of Biotechnology and Business at RMIT.
Gemma Eldridge reflects on being an Associate Director and studying a Bachelor of Business and Biotechnology at RMIT.
The dialogue is entirely in voiceover and uplifting music plays throughout.
Duration: 1:38 mins
I love crosswords, I love ‘Words with Friends’.
[Screen title] Analytical
I really enjoy having a problem to solve and I find that in my current role I have a new problem everyday and that’s what keeps me coming back.
[Screen title] Problem Solver
Hi, my name’s Gemma Eldridge and I’m an Associate Director of Clinical Management at PPD. I studied a Master of Biotechnology and Business at RMIT.
[Screen title] Gemma Eldridge, Associate Director of Clinical Management at PPD
[Screen title] Gemma Eldridge, Master of Biotechnology and Business
As part of my study of my Masters of Business and Biotech there was a lot of teamwork involved. I think through this course, I learned the value of self assessment - so learning your own strength and weaknesses.
[Visual] Gemma walks into a cafe and chats to the barrister.
You need to understand yourself and then assessing other people's strengths and weaknesses to allow you to collaborate in an effective way.
I think science for me is about finding an answer to an interesting problem. Sometimes when I get a problem I don’t know to respond to or how to resolve, I take a break and go for a walk.
[Visual] Gemma walks in a park and meets up a colleague. They walk back together to an office.
It is important to allow yourself time to think about a problem or a challenge. Brainstorming is the key to problem solving. Human interaction whether it’s on the phone, email or face to face.
[Visual] Gemma and her colleague are brainstorming ideas on a whiteboard.
One of the best things about working with people is that when you succeed or when they succeed, is the shared success. That really does make it worthwhile.
With business and biotechnology there is the opportunity to use your science knowledge but also people management and business knowledge to be a success and to further your career.
[Screen title] Be true to you
RMIT University logo
CRICOS: 00122A | RTO: 3046
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.