Natalie Truong reflects on being a senior marketing manager and studying an MBA (Executive) at RMIT.
Natalie Truong reflects on being a senior marketing manager and studying a MBA (Executive) at RMIT.
This video depicts scenes of Natalie Truong driving along the streets of Melbourne at night, observing everyday people. The dialogue is entirely in voiceover and uplifting music plays throughout.
Duration: 1:59 mins
I like to start with where someone's from. I guess by walking in their shoes, I can look at the context of their life. I can see the world they see.
[Screen title] Curious
When you’re trying to create messages and trying to be unexpected, I think you need to observe people’s behaviours and only then can I really begin to understand them better.
[Screen title] Observant
There’s something really magical about watching people go through their everyday routine. There’s a real rhythm to it.
If you look closely enough you start to see the patterns. there’s common threads you pick up on and my job is to make sense of it all.
[Screen title] Natalie Truong, MBA (Executive)
I’m Natalie Truong, I studied the Executive MBA at RMIT University.
[Screen title] Natalie Truong, Head of B2B Marketing (Pacific), Mercer
I guess one of the most critical things I’ve learned, you need an absolute mixture of people in order to do your work really well.
So if you’re going to put something out there, it’s important that you make sure you’re heard.
With marketing, the most important thing is to be relatable, to be absolutely relevant otherwise you’ll get found out really quickly.
So I consider it my role to have one ear to the street. Like mum always said, I’m street smart. Some call that research, I just call that second nature.
[Screen title] Be true to you
RMIT University logo
CRICOS: 00122A | RTO: 3046
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.