RMIT has opened “Ngarara Place” – a unique Indigenous landscape and urban design space in the heart of our City campus.
NGARARA PLACE TRANSCRIPT
AUDIO: Ambient music plays
VISUAL: RMIT Campus - trees in soft focus with the city in the background
TITLE: Ngarara Place - A unique Indigenous landscape and urban design space in the heart of our City campus.
VISUAL: Trees in the garden moving in the wind.
TITLE: Designed by Greenaway Architects, Ngarara Place’s design draws on four key pillars: Connection to country, cultural motifs, contemporary Aboriginal art and knowledge exchange.
VISUAL: Pan of garden to green and black artwork on the glass façade of a building.
VISUAL: Tilt down to Alumnni Courtyard steps showing Indigenous artwork stencil in wide and then close up.
TITLE:Created,designed and built by a mainly Indigenous team,this unique space includes:
VISUAL: Pan of the wooden seating in the garden.
TITLE: Amphitheatre style seating
VISUAL: Pan from steps to artwork on glass building façade.
TITLE:striking, contemporary and specifically curated pieceof artwork by Aboriginal digital artist Aroha Groves
VISUAL: Focus shift between native plants in the garden.
TITLE: Landscape design focusing on the narrative of the Seven Season of the Kulin Nations.
VISUAL: Wide shot of the garden showing pathways into the centre of the garden and the smoke pit.
TITLE: and a sculptural laser-cut smoke pit.
TITLE: A visible presence and recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, cultures and histories as connected among the lands of the Kulin Nations on which RMIT stands.
VISUAL: RMIT logo.
AUDIO: Music fades out
END OF TRANSCRIPT
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.