Anh Pham is a PhD researcher in International Education at RMIT University. Anh’s time at RMIT has brought her to academic independence with the help of her supervisor.
Anh: In my village, over 90% are farmers. The only things that they could do to survive is going to the field, working hard, very hard. My parents, they just have only one dreams, that we are educated and we can avoid the difficult life that they have been through.
My name is Anh Pham. I'm from Vietnam. I'm doing PhD, focus on international education. The final objectives of my research is looking at the employabilites of international students. My dream is y doing PhD, I will have a chance to get deeply inside the topic that I really want to know.
RMIT is the right destination for me to do my PhD. My supervisor is the key author in the field. He has strategies to help me to face difficulties myself, and then I can be ready for my career. PhD journeys is actually a journey of academic independence.
What I enjoy most studying in Melbourne, we walk just for a minute, then we can enjoy very multi-cultural food. When I was with my PhD friends, I feel supported. I'm really part of a community here in Melbourne. When I first came to Melbourne, one of the first thing I started volunteering to help international student and my friends.
I'm happy that I can be a bit of value. The challenge of bringing the whole family with me to Australia is how I can maintain family life and also study life. My family, we still can support each other. We are happy because our daughter, it seems like she can find her own identity here in the community, and that nurture her talents.
I'm feeling lucky that I'm living here.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.