Gain the practical skills and learn the theory behind them with pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs in electrical and instrumentation, plumbing, refrigeration and air-conditioning.
Justin Kidgell (Associate Dean, School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences) talks about opportunity for studying trades at RMIT. The video features Justin talking to camera interspersed with scenes of students in workshops and other learning environments. Upbeat music plays throughout.
RMIT University presents
Pre-apprenticeships and apprenticeships
A trade qualification opens up a wide range of opportunities and can set you up for life.
As we edge further into an automated world, we know that traditional qualifications in plumbing, refrigeration, electrical, and instrumentation will always require the hands on skills of a capable tradesperson.
Good tradespeople are in demand, with opportunities to work in the domestic, commercial, or industrial environment, or to set up your own business.
RMIT has been educating tradesmen and women for almost 130 years.
During this time, we've maintained strong industry links across all of our trades.
In the heart of Melbourne, CBD, RMIT has state of the art facilities, as well as its excellent support services offered to students.
To study your trade, you'll need to be employed as an apprentice with a training contract in place between your employer and RMIT.
On dedicated study days, you will learn the theory behind your trade, as well as the practical application of the on-the-job activities.
Trades are all about hand and human skills, problems solving, working in different situations, and improvising. No two days are ever the same.
A trade qualification is something you never lose and is highly valued.
RMIT University logo
This video features the song Summer Forever available under a royalty free license.
RTO code 3046
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2016 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.