Computer science researcher Dr Sebastian Sardina talks about his artificial intelligence research at RMIT.
Dr Sebastian Sardina is a Senior Lecturer/Research Fellow in the Intelligent Agents Group at RMIT University (in the School of Computer Science and IT) in Melbourne, Australia. His research falls in the following sub-areas of Artificial Intelligence: knowledge representation and reasoning, reasoning about action and change, automated planning and intelligent agent systems.
The video features Dr Sebastian Sardina walking in different areas of the campus, working in a cafe and interacting with students while he narrates over the on screen activity. Upbeat music plays throughout.
Duration: 46 seconds
Dr Sebastian Sardina
School of Computer Science and IT
I came to RMIT as I wanted to live in Australia and diversify my research in artificial intelligence.
Besides the quality of life in Melbourne, I stay here for the excellent research environment after enjoying great support during my post-doc position.
I mostly work on two sub-areas of artificial intelligence.
I have now been awarded a 3 year research grant for developing techniques to combine lots of small devices into a complex system.
New techniques in artificial intelligence are making a huge impact within the field of computer science.
We are now addressing problems that, ten years ago, seemed impossible.
Being part of this new wave is both inspiring and exciting.
RMIT University logo
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.