Coming to RMIT University in Melbourne to undertake postgraduate study and follow a new career path proved a life-changing experience for Abhijeet Anand.
TEXT ON SCREEN: A career-changing move, Master of Computer Science. Abhijeet Anand talks about what it’s like to study at RMIT.
AUDIO: ambient electronic music.
VISUAL: In a series of montages, we see Abhijeet walking through RMIT campus buildings, studying in class, chatting with friends, walking on the streets of Melbourne, jogging and playing ball games in a park.
ABHIJEET SPEAKS: Upgrading a career by choosing to study overseas is a big decision. But if you are really interested in learning in an environment that challenges you and provides all the resources that you need, then RMIT is the best choice.
Back in Iindia i worked for a company that develops statistical packages, but i wanted a career that focused on the technical side of computer science and IT. I was told that melbourne is a great place to live and that RMIT is a leader in practical technology application.
So i enrolled in to RMIT’s two year, Master of Computer Science Degree. it’s an advanced degree, with the flexibility to choose the subjects I’m interest in. For instance, RMIT is one of the best places to get involved in bleeding edge technology in artificial intelligence, making software that can think and act by itself.
The support here is first class, the academics always take time to provide me with support and encouragement while university administration is always there to help me with things like accommodation and visa issues. But coming to RMIT is not just about study, living in melbourne is fantastic, with the perfect balance of work and social life. There is rarely a dull moment, with many galleries, music festivals, comedy clubs and I love the lifestyle.
Since I’ve been here I have made many new friends, whose company has brought me a fresh perspective and the opportunity to have fun. Studying at RMIT can not be summed up in just one work. It is stimulating, challenging, exciting, innovative, inspiring, and above all is the best learning environment I’’ve ever experienced.
VISUAL: The montage finishes with a smiling Abhijeet walking down Swanston Street.
TEXT ON SCREEN: University website, www.rmit.edu.au
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.