RMIT welcomed more than 35,000 prospective students, their families and friends at Open Day last Sunday.
Visitors were able to ask teaching staff at the City, Brunswick and Bundoora campuses about the wide variety of programs and talk to current students about their experiences at Australia's largest tertiary institution.
Professor Gill Palmer, Acting Vice-Chancellor and President, said Open Day was a great opportunity for prospective students to experience their future in a way that could not be done online or through a brochure.
"For many it's their first visit to a university and their first chance to see up close where they could study and who would be teaching them," she said.
This year's highlights included:
- Chinese medicine - tours, herbal dispensary and student clinic - from herbal creams to acupuncture and cupping at Bundoora
- RMIT's world-record breaking electric racing car in the City
- Plated Image, All Dolled Up and The Classic Future Fashion House in the pop-up shop at Swanston Academic Building
- Textile Design and Development - screen printing demos and creative ideas at Brunswick campus
- The Health and Medical Sciences Hub including Biomedical Science, Complementary Medicine, Exercise and Sport Science, Medical Radiations, Nursing and Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Psychology at Bundoora
- Court case demonstrations by legal students and a dramatic crime scene at City campus
- A music and AV tent showing the AV, sound and music equipment used by RMIT music, sound production and fine art sound students; and,
- Robotic devices designed, built and tested by students competing in the national Warman Engineering Competition.
Visitors enjoyed cutting-edge fashion parades at the Brunswick campus, which provided a sneak peek of final-year student designs.
At Bundoora, some had their bodies expertly painted to highlight the muscles, bones and organs beneath, while City campus visitors were able to find out more about air-conditioning, electrical and plumbing careers.
For media enquiries contact email@example.com.