Discover unique offerings from some of the city's best emerging artists and designers at an exclusive one-night-only event, presented by RMIT University and Melbourne Central.
The RMIT Design Market on Wednesday, 26 November, will offer a stunning collection of work from 20 current RMIT students and established alumni.
With textiles, ceramics, jewellery, printmaking, sculpture, furniture, homewares, as well as gold and silversmithing, the market is the perfect destination for shoppers seeking something a little different - just in time for Christmas.
The RMIT Design Market is exclusive to Melbourne Central as part of their One Day Shopping Festival, featuring retail discounts and offers, free mini-styling sessions, local street food and creative workshops.
Featured artists and designers include:
- Dale Hardiman, Associate Degree in Design (Furniture Design) and Adam Lynch, Bachelor of Industrial Design (Honours) - www.labdestu.com.au
- Nixi Killick, Bachelor of Design (Fashion) (Honours) - nixikillick.com
- Michelle McDonell, Bachelor of Design (Industrial) - www.kitoutstudio.com
- Pippa Oostergetel, Bachelor of Arts (Textile Design) - www.squeakdesign.com
- Tezer Huseyin, Bachelor of Design (Fashion) (Honours) and Certificate 4 in Small Business Management - www.hvnc.com.au
- Julie Thanh Nguyen, Bachelor of Design (Multimedia Systems) www.julieslittleworldshop.com
What: RMIT Design Market
When: Wednesday, 26 November, 4pm-10pm
Where: Melbourne Central Link Bridge (between Melbourne Central and The Emporium), Level 2.
For media enquiries: Gosia Kaszubska, (03) 9925 3176 or 0417 510 735.