The new Vice-Chancellor and President of RMIT, Martin Bean CBE, has arrived – and his first priority is to listen.
Martin Bean CBE, Vice-Chancellor and President of RMIT University
TEXT ON SCREEN: Introducing our new Vice-Chancellor and President, Martin Bean, CBE
VISUAL: Martin Bean sits on a large green couch, with his hands crossed on a large silver table in front of him. He is addressing the camera directly.
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS: Hi, I'm Martin Bean, the new Vice-Chancellor of RMIT.
Melbourne is my hometown, and it's great to be back after many years away in the US and most recently in the UK, leading the Open University.
I've long admired RMIT from afar, and I?m excited about the opportunity to engage more deeply with this great university.
I come here pre-wired with a belief in the critical importance of giving our students the best possible experience, helping them successfully launch their careers and supporting excellence in research.
And I'm passionate about leveraging the power of technology, the built environment, and innovative learning and teaching to achieve our goals.
But at the top of my list of priorities is listening and learning from you, the staff and students who make this place special.
I want to hear about YOUR experience of RMIT and YOUR ideas for its future, so we can understand the critical opportunities and challenges for RMIT.
I've had the pleasure of visiting our centre in Barcelona, and I'll be around the campuses in Melbourne and Vietnam getting to know RMIT over the coming weeks, months and if possible I look forward to meeting you during that tour.
VISUAL: FADE TO BLACK
VISUAL: FADE UP TO TITLE AND RMIT LOGO
TEXT ON SCREEN: WWW.RMIT.EDU.AU
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.