Items can be requested and transferred to any Library site at RMIT. In order to place a hold, simply use the function available in LibrarySearch.
The following apply when placing material on hold:
- There is a limit of ten (10) holds that can be placed at any time.
- Holds may only be placed on items that are currently checked out or items that are available from another Library site (not the one you are currently in).
- If you have any overdue items, you will not be able to place books on hold until all items are returned and any outstanding Library fines paid.
- CAVAL borrowers (borrowers from another institution) are not able to place material on hold.
Placing a hold
Patrons must be logged in to place a hold.
You have located the item you are interested in LibrarySearch but the item is either on loan or available from another Library site:
- Select the Locations tab. If the item is checked out to someone it will have a due date in the status column.
- Select the Request link.
- Follow the prompts until you are ready to hit the Request button. Make sure to select the pick up location that’s most convenient for you.
- Collecting the items
Holds are available for collection from the holds shelf in the loans area of the Library you specify. They are only held for 5 days. If the item is not collected in this time, it will be placed back into circulation.
Cancelling a hold
If you wish to cancel the hold, log in to My Account and go to the Requests option. Follow the prompts to cancel the item/s you have placed on hold.
If your hold has already been filled and is ready for pickup, please notify staff who can then assist you in cancelling this hold.