Your application will go through the admission to candidature and/or scholarship selection process once submitted.
Response time will vary depending on your nominated program and school, and the time of year you apply.
Local and international students outside of Australia (for admission only)
- Semester 1: applications will be accepted until 5.00 pm (AEST) 1 March of each year for admissions to the upcoming academic year.
- Semester 2: applications will be accepted until 5.00 pm (AEST) 1 August of the year you wish to commence.
All mailed applications must be post marked by the application closing date for the semester you would like to commence.
Applicant seeking admission to candidature only can expect to receive an outcome on their application within 6 weeks of receipt of application by School of Graduate Research.
International students within Australia
International on-shore (Melbourne based) admissions are available in the below intakes:
- Semester 1: applications will be accepted in iApply until 5.00 pm (AEST) 1 March of each year for admissions to the upcoming academic year.
- Semester 2: applications will be accepted in iApply until 5.00 pm (AEST) 1 August of the year you wish to commence.
To secure your place, you must accept the offer received and enrol by census date of the semester you wish to start.
Transferring from another university
If you would like to transfer to RMIT from another university you will be required to follow the standard application process. Once you have applied, the School of Graduate Research (SGR) will contact your previous university to determine the length of time of your previous enrolment, and the status of your candidature, in order to determine your remaining period of candidature at RMIT. Transfers with remaining periods of candidature of less than 12 months are only approved in extraordinary circumstances.
You will be asked to complete RMIT Confirmation of Candidature or the Mid-Candidature Review, unless you can provide evidence of completion of these milestones at your previous university to be exempted.
Applications for current end of year scholarship round close at 5pm AEST on Monday 31 October 2016. Applicants will be considered for the scholarships listed below and will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid-December.
- Australian Postgraduate Awards
- RMIT Postgraduate Scholarships (RPS)
- RMIT Postgraduate Scholarships (RPIS)
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
For more information on the scholarship application process, please refer to research scholarships.