RMIT researchers are answering climate change challenges by developing technology to analyse the effects, mapping and modelling potential impacts, and developing and evaluating policy and responses.
Who is making an impact?
- The Design Research Institute conducts research into how factors such as sustainability and climate change will impact the future urban environment.
- The Global Cities Research Institute conducts research on climate change with a strong focus on the social impact of increasing climate vulnerability and severity of natural disasters.
- The Centre for Design and Society is dedicated to engaging with the challenges posed by sustainability from a design perspective.
- The Centre for Sustainable Organisations and Work investigates the social dimensions of the transition to a more economically and environmentally sustainable world.
- The Centre for Urban Research conducts research in the fields of urban planning and social and environmental urban research.
- The Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment Research Centre investigates and develops technologies for atmospheric and climate monitoring.
- The Water: Effective Technologies and Tools Research Centre is developing the means for sustainable provision of clean safe water, particularly for cities.
- The Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute conducts research in the areas of sustainable housing and urban planning.
- The Bushfires Cooperative Research Centre conducts research in understanding and managing the risk of bushfires.