"Helping Australian and Pacific seaports to improve climate risk-management"
This online decision support toolkit that amalgamates climate and social research data from different external sources. The toolkit has proved a valuable resource for Australian and Pacific port authorities, allowing them to make intelligent climate-related projections for their seaports and well informed climate risk-management decisions and strategies. This project is supported by the Australian National Data Service (ANDS).
Partial funding by ANDS for Australian seaports and USAID for Pacific seaports Fiji and PNG is gratefully acknowledged.
Benefits for academics
- Easy access to scientific, social and business research through the Climate Smart Seaports website
- Analytical workflows to support decision-making
- Curation and cataloguing of combinations, transformations and versions of datasets and final ‘user stories’
- Support for wider disciplines that collaborate with science
- Automatic publishing to the Research Data Australia registry website, making research more discoverable for the broader research community
- Support for local and national climate risk mitigation strategies.