Our college and school-based research centres are having a national impact in their specialist areas.
Their links to industry and government allow our academics and Higher Degrees by Research candidates to conduct relevant, focused and applied research. They work in a vibrant collegiate environment, supported by advanced facilities, specialist resources and opportunities to develop their careers.
College based Research Centres
- Centre for Business Education Research
- Centre for Sustainable Organisations and Work
- Science, Health and Engineering Educational Research Centre
- Water: Effective Technologies and Tools Research Centre
School based Research Centres
- Centre for Additive Manufacturing
- Centre for Advanced Electronics and Sensors
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Performance Textiles
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Art, Society and Transformation
- Centre for Communication, Politics and Culture
- Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research
- Centre for Design and Society
- Centre for Design Practice Research
- Centre for Education, Training and Work in the Asian Century
- Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Remediation
- Centre for Game Design Research
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Centre for Integrated Project Solutions
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Centre for Urban Research
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- Digital Ethnography Research Centre
- Centre for Global Research
- Micro/Nanomedical Research Centre
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment Research Centre
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
RMIT celebrates teaching and research
RMIT University has recognised staff and student achievements at its 2015 Teaching and Research Awards.
Diwali festival illuminates RMIT
Diwali, the Indian festival of light, was celebrated with traditional colour and flair at RMIT for the sixth consecutive year, adding to the university’s proud history of cultural celebration.
Our strategic plan to 2020
In March, #shapeRMIT was created to invite the entire RMIT community into an open conversation about the University’s future – and thousands rose to the challenge.