Our college and school-based research centres are having a national impact in their specialist areas.
Their links to industry and government allow our academics and Higher Degrees by Research candidates to conduct relevant, focused and applied research. They work in a vibrant collegiate environment, supported by advanced facilities, specialist resources and opportunities to develop their careers.
College based Research Centres
- Centre for Business Education Research
- Centre for Sustainable Organisations and Work
- Science, Health and Engineering Educational Research Centre
- Water: Effective Technologies and Tools Research Centre
School based Research Centres
- Centre for Additive Manufacturing
- Centre for Advanced Electronics and Sensors
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Performance Textiles
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Art, Society and Transformation
- Centre for Communication, Politics and Culture
- Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research
- Centre for Design and Society
- Centre for Design Practice Research
- Centre for Education, Training and Work in the Asian Century
- Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Remediation
- Centre for Game Design Research
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Centre for Integrated Project Solutions
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Centre for Urban Research
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- Digital Ethnography Research Centre
- Centre for Global Research
- Micro/Nanomedical Research Centre
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment Research Centre
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
Global partners develop tools for climate change impacted communities
Global migration due to climate change could have a positive impact on those who choose to stay in their homeland.
Researchers pave the way for construction health and safety
Researchers from RMIT’s Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research (CCWHSR) have released a Research to Practice report in collaboration with Virginia Tech University.
Finding a safe orbit through space junk
As our lives become more reliant on satellite technology, the more we are likely to be affected by their costly collisions with one of the million pieces of debris littering our space environment.