Our college and school-based research centres are having a national impact in their specialist areas.
Their links to industry and government allow our academics and Higher Degrees by Research candidates to conduct relevant, focused and applied research.
They work in a vibrant collegiate environment, supported by advanced facilities, specialist resources and opportunities to develop their careers.
College based Research Centres
- Centre for Business Education Research
- Centre for Sustainable Organisations and Work
- Science, Health and Engineering Educational Research Centre
- Water: Effective Technologies and Tools Research Centre
School based Research Centres
- Centre for Additive Manufacturing
- Centre for Advanced Electronics and Sensors
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Performance Textiles
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Art, Society and Transformation
- Centre for Communication, Politics and Culture
- Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research
- Centre for Design and Society
- Centre for Design Practice Research
- Centre for Education, Training and Work in the Asian Century
- Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Remediation
- Centre for Game Design Research
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Centre for Integrated Project Solutions
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Centre for Urban Research
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- Digital Ethnography Research Centre
- Centre for Global Research
- Micro/Nanomedical Research Centre
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment Research Centre
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
Researchers strike gold redesigning molecules for cancer drugs
RMIT researchers have unlocked a powerful new clue in the search for better cancer treatments, designing a cancer-fighting molecule that combines gold with antioxidants.
Gut reaction: smart pill smells out the body’s fibre factor
Researchers have conducted the first ever trials of smart pills that can measure intestinal gases inside the body, with surprising results revealing some unexpected ways that fibre affects the gut.
More than 40 winks: textiles research supports a full night’s sleep
Pyjamas and doonas could be precisely tailored to our sleeping patterns to help give us a better night’s sleep, thanks to the innovative work of textiles researchers at RMIT.