Our college and school-based research centres are having a national impact in their specialist areas.
Their links to industry and government allow our academics and Higher Degrees by Research candidates to conduct relevant, focused and applied research. They work in a vibrant collegiate environment, supported by advanced facilities, specialist resources and opportunities to develop their careers.
College based Research Centres
- Centre for Business Education Research
- Centre for Sustainable Organisations and Work
- Science, Health and Engineering Educational Research Centre
- Water: Effective Technologies and Tools Research Centre
School based Research Centres
- Centre for Additive Manufacturing
- Centre for Advanced Electronics and Sensors
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Performance Textiles
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Art, Society and Transformation
- Centre for Communication, Politics and Culture
- Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research
- Centre for Design and Society
- Centre for Design Practice Research
- Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Remediation
- Centre for Game Design Research
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Centre for Integrated Project Solutions
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Centre for Urban Research
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- Digital Ethnography Research Centre
- Centre for Global Research
- Micro/Nanomedical Research Centre
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment Research Centre
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
Mercy Sister’s research gives voices to women in sex trafficking
Mercy Sister Dr Angela Reed’s research on sex trafficking in the Philippines challenges existing preconceptions by giving a voice to the women subjected to it.
Citizen scientists blitz Melbourne’s public spaces
Ecological gems have been uncovered in Melbourne’s parks during a campaign that involved “citizen scientists” capturing and recording the city’s biodiversity.
Pushing the boundaries of 3D printing and construction
RMIT researchers have been stretching the boundaries of the role of 3D printing in building and construction.