Book chapters and book reviews by academic research staff in the Centre for Global Research.
- Stephen Alomes, ‘Poachers, gamekeepers and coaches’, in Ross Fitzgerald and Ken Spillman, eds, Australia’s game, Slattery Media, Melbourne, 2013, pp. 310–16.
- Chris Hudson, ‘Cities as limitless spaces of simultaneity and paradox’, in Elizabeth Grierson and Kristen Sharp, eds, Re-imagining the city: art, globalization and urban spaces, Intellect Books, Bristol, 2013, pp. 247–60.
- Kim Humphery, ‘The time of consumption’, in Nick Osbaldiston (ed) Culture of the slow: social deceleration in an accelerated world, Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2013, pp. 19–33.
- Paul James, Meg Holden, Mary Lewin, Lyndsay Neilson, Christine Oakley, Art Truter, and David Wilmoth, ‘Managing metropolises by negotiating mega- urban growth’, in Harald Mieg and Klaus Töpfer, eds, Institutional and social innovation for sustainable urban development, Routledge, London, 2013, pp. 217–32.
- Paul James and Anne McNevin, ‘Would-be citizens and “strong states”: circles of security and insecurity’, in Niklaus Steiner, Robert Mason and Anna Hayes, eds, Migration and insecurity: citizenship and social inclusion in a transnational era, Routledge, London, 2013, pp. 87–107.
- Paul James and Andy Scerri, ‘Australia: Melbourne’, in Ian Shirley and Carol Neill, eds, Asian and Pacific Cities: Development Patterns, Routledge, London, 2013, pp. 214–30.
- Elizabeth Kath and Nanko Van Buuren, ‘Soldados Nunca Mais: child soldiers, football and social change in Rio de Janeiro’s favelas’, in Nico Shulencorf and Daryl Adair, eds, Global sport-for-development: critical perspectives, Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 194–215.
- Julian CH. Lee, ‘Sexuality rights activism in Malaysia: the case of Seksualiti Merkeda’, in Michele Ford, ed., Social activism in Southeast Asia, Routledge, London, 2013, pp. 170–86.
- Julian CH. Lee, ‘The Supra-ethnic Malaysian’, in Joshua Barker, Erik Harms and Johan Lindquist, eds, Figures of Southeast Asian modernity, University of Hawaii Press, Hawaii, 2013, pp. 183–85.
- Julian CH. Lee and Saskia L. Schafer, ‘Reframing gender: civil society and dissent in Malaysia’, in Claudia Tazreiter and Siew Yean Tham, eds, Globalization and social transformation in the Asia-Pacific: the Australian and Malaysian experience, Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2013, pp. 212–25.
- Caroline Norma and S. Caroline Taylor, ‘Towards more effective policing of sex trafficking’, in by S. Caroline Taylor, Daniel Joseph Torpy and Dilip K. Das, eds, Policing global movements: tourism, migration, human trafficking, and terrorism, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2013, pp. 187–203.
- Andy Scerri, ‘Liveability indexes’, in Alex C. Michalos, ed., Encyclopedia of quality of life research, Springer, Heidelberg, 2013, pp. 3640–5.
- Manfred B. Steger, ‘Political ideologies in the age of globalization’, in Michael Freeden, Lyman Tower Sargent, and Marc Stears, eds, The Oxford handbook of political ideologies, Oxford University Press, London, 2013, pp. 214–31.
- Manfred B. Steger and Erin K. Wilson, ‘Globalizing’, in Steve Matthewman, Catherine Lane West-Newman and Bruce Curtis, eds, Being sociological, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, 2013, pp. 271–89.
- Elizabeth Kath, ‘Book review - Street therapists: race, affect and neoliberal personhood in Latino Newark by Ana Y. Ramos-Zayas’, Anthropos Journal, A,108, 2013/2, p. 699.
- Elizabeth Kath, ‘Book review - Revolutionary Medicine: Health and the Body in Post-Soviet Cuba by P. Sean Brotherton’, Bulletin of the History of Medicine, vol. 87, no. 2, Summer, 2013, pp. 300–1.