CMIFF brings together senior researchers in material technology, design and enterprise to research, develop and apply design and materials innovation to address real-world problems.
CMIFF brings together senior researchers in material technology, design and enterprise to research, develop and apply design and materials innovation to address real-world problems.These responsive and sustainable fashion and material solutions enhance human protection and experience in areas of health, wellbeing, protection, comfort, performance, sustainability, and cultural and social activism.
Research centre clusters
The Centre operates through six connected clusters:
- Producing fashion – solutions to how fashion is designed, produced, consumed and communicated
- Smart materials – wearable technologies
- Advanced materials and technologies – protection for defence
- Human ecology and functional apparel – sports and human performance technologies
- Materials interplay – materials as a site for cultural engagement and design innovation
- Fashion and textiles activator – a dynamic platform where the School of Fashion and Textiles, the RMIT community and industry empower people to create ideas, bring them to life and innovate existing start-ups through collaboration, advice and knowledge.