Ready Set Go – RMIT’s induction program
Acknowledgement of country
RMIT University acknowledges the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nations as the traditional owners of the land on which the University stands.
RMIT University respectfully recognises Elders both past and present.
Welcome to RMIT University!
Starting a new job at a new organisation can be daunting – but help is at hand.
Ready Set Go – RMIT’s induction program for new staff – is a personalised, structured series of activities designed to help you:
- Understand your role and what is expected of you
- Build awareness of RMIT’s history, culture, values and strategic direction
- Understand RMIT’s business and structure
- Know how to access and work with key policies and procedures
- Understand your rights and responsibilities around equal opportunity, health and safety, privacy and competition and consumer law, and
- Begin to establish connections and networks across the University.
This website is your portal into the Ready Set Go program and RMIT
During each stage of your induction program, take some time to read the information on the website and the pages linked from here. It will help you familiarise yourself with the in’s and out’s of RMIT, and hopefully demystify some of the complexities of this place. It’s also a useful ongoing resource, so bookmark it now!
There are also resources to support your manager (staff login required) to provide a great introduction to RMIT.
There are three stages in the Ready Set Go program (staff login required):
… up for success
… for results
Before you start, there are things you can do to prepare yourself for your new role and make your transition smoother. Your new manager will stay in touch with you, and ensure everything is ready when you arrive on day one.
In your first week be prepared for information overload! But the activities in this stage are geared towards getting you settled in and up to speed quickly – so you can get on with the great work you’re here to do.
After your first month you will have met plenty of people, been out and about on campus, and started to define your role for yourself.
To find out more about what your induction program will include, select your role from the list below.
- Academic (staff login required)
- TAFE teacher (staff login required)
- Professional staff (staff login required)
- Casual (staff login required)
- Hit the Ground Running - New manager induction (staff login required)
- Manager of a new staff member (staff login required)
- International staff induction
Questions and feedback
Your manager and colleagues are valuable resource if you have questions about RMIT or your induction.
The Ready Set Go program is coordinated by Human Resources, and we welcome feedback at any time. Please contact the Organisational Development team by email email@example.com. For enquires regarding compliance education email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 9925 8698.