Information about applying for a fee concession or exemption for eligible vocational education students.
When to apply
You must apply each academic year.
Your application must be submitted before the start date of your first scheduled class.
Please contact your RMIT school for information about class start dates.
If you apply after your first scheduled class then your concession or exemption will be applied to the next eligible class in which you are enrolled, and all other eligible classes that have not yet commenced, for a year from the date of application.
You can apply before you are enrolled.
How to apply
If you are the named card holder apply via Enrolment Online
- Log into Enrolment Online.
- Select ‘Apply for a fee concession’ from the My student record page.
- Complete the online form by confirming the type of concession card you hold and your Customer Reference Number (CRN) or Veterans’ Affairs Reference Number (VRN).
- You will be notified immediately of your eligibility for a fee concession.
If you are listed as a child or dependant apply at RMIT Connect
Complete an Application for vocational educational education fee concession and exemption form. Note: you can pick up a hard copy application form from RMIT Connect or the RMIT school that runs your program.Present your completed form at RMIT Connect or the RMIT school, along with:
- the original, and
- a photocopy of your valid concession card (or letter from Centrelink), plus
- any other documentation required to support your application (e.g. Job Seeker referral form for Job Seekers).
If you have applied for but not yet received your concession card, then you may instead provide a letter from Centrelink that confirms you have submitted your application and been approved for your concession card. You must then provide RMIT with a copy of your concession card once it has been issued.
If you have a Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN), you may apply via Enrolment Online. If successful, you are not required to provide a copy of your concession card.
- supply the information specified above or your application cannot be assessed
- submit an application each year
- retain a copy of your form when you apply.
After you apply
If you do not enrol into any eligible classes, you will remain liable for the total tuition fees invoiced unless you withdraw from the class prior to the class census date.
Find out more about census dates.