A career in computer and network engineers gives you the opportunity to design and create the IT infrastructure our world depends on.
What is computer and network engineering?
Computer engineering focuses on the design of computer systems including both software and hardware.
Network engineering focuses on designing, implementing and operating telecommunication, Internet Service provider and enterprise networks.
What do computer and network engineers do?
- Design, implement and operate telecommunication networks to telecommunication companies, service providers and enterprises.
- Analyse, design and develop computer hardware to bring products to life.
- Drive new technologies that make businesses more productive and competitive.
Where do computer and network engineers work?
Computer and network engineers can work in a range of areas including
- Telecommunications industry
- Internet service providers
- Large enterprises
- Manufacturing, technology and business organisations
- Government and Defence.
What type of person do I need to be?
A career in computer and network engineering may be for you, if you:
- Have a logical approach to work
- Are self-reliant and able to work independently
- Can investigate, identify and solve problems
- Understand complex business and technical issues
- Are interested in learning and maintaining technical knowledge
- Enjoy subjects such as computing.