As an electronic engineer you’ll have the opportunity to create and operate the devices that support us at home and at work.
What is electronic engineering?
The design and operation of electronic devices that use components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors and integrated circuits and logic circuits, in a wide variety of equipment and systems.
What do electronic engineers do?
- Create and operate electronic equipment and services for home and industry including smart phones, tablets, medical equipment, radar, navigation aids, vehicle stability control, whitegoods and space exploration equipment.
- Work with businesses to maintain and update existing devices and systems.
- Find ways for electronic devices to increase efficiency.
Where do electronic engineers work?
- Health and medical professions
- Transport and aviation
- Government departments
What type of person do I need to be?
A career in electronic engineering may be for you, if you:
- Want to explore new technologies
- Like to know how things work
- Are good at problem solving
- Provide solutions to improve quality of life
- Enjoy subjects like maths and science.