Key dates for RMIT's academic calendar including teaching periods, exam periods and semester breaks.
Dates for 2016
Dates are subject to minor change.
Vocational Education students
Students studying Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs have slightly different teaching periods.
Foundation studies students
Foundation studies students have different teaching periods.
RMIT English Worldwide students
REW students have different teching periods.
See the English language students enrolment page.
Higher Education students
- 29 February to 30 May - teaching period
- 24 to 30 March - mid semester break (most programs)
- 6 to 24 June - exam period
- 27 June to 17 July - semester break
- 18 July to 17 October - teaching period
- 29 August to 4 September - mid semester break (most programs)
- 24 October to 11 November - exam period
- 14 December - graduation parade and ceremony
See Important dates for Higher Education Students for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information.