RMIT has a dedicated team to support sponsored students and their sponsor.
Services for current sponsored students
RMIT University has a dedicated Sponsorships Development Team to support the recipient (student) and the sponsor. The team manages the full cycle of students’ enrolment at RMIT University from admission to the program all the way through to completion and support to return home.
Academic progress monitoring
As part of the requirements of overseas scholarship programs RMIT University is required to provide regular reports on Sponsored students’ academic progress. The Sponsor Development team will:
- Send unofficial academic transcripts to Sponsors for all students each semester following results release date,
- Highlight any students that may have failed courses and/or require extensions,
- Work with the Schools and Sponsors to develop revised study plans for Sponsored students,
- Provide milestone reports to Sponsors for Higher Degree by Research candidates,
- Provide attendance and exam result reports for English Language students at the end of each 10 week module,
Note: Reporting on academic progress to Sponsors is subject to the necessary permission being granted by the student.
More information on Academic performance requirements for sponsored students.
Liaison for students and Sponsors for scholarship variations
- providing an official letter for the Sponsor organisation indicating the new end date and reasons for extension or suspension of studies,
- liaising with the Sponsor organisation for the approval (Australia Awards only).
It is the student’s responsibility to provide a new Financial Guarantee from the Sponsor for any extension period otherwise they will be liable for fees owed. See the Overdue Fees and Penalties webpage for further information.
More information of Visa conditions for sponsored students.
Coordination of third party billing for Sponsors though University Finance
On receipt of a Financial Guarantee from a Sponsor organisation the Sponsorship Development Team and Financial Services will:
- Arrange third party billing for all fees covered by the Financial Guarantee,
- Invoice the Sponsor organisation after census date each semester,
- Liaise with the Sponsor directly on payment of fees.
If a Sponsored student receives an invoice from RMIT they are advised to check:
- What is the invoice for? If it is for material fees, an RMIT activity or administration fees it may not be covered by the Financial Guarantee.
- Does their Financial Guarantee cover the period of study for which fees are invoiced? If not an extension would need to be applied for with the Sponsor.
- Does the Financial Guarantee cover a maximum value for tuition fees? If so any gap payment would need to be made by the student.
If the Financial Guarantee is valid and covers all fees outlined in the invoice then the student should contact the Sponsorship Development Team, with a copy of the Financial Guarantee, at ISscholarships@rmit.edu.au in case the invoice has been issued in error.
Please note that any extensions to Financial Guarantees should be arranged well in advance of the expiry date. From 1 January 2016 students who do not pay tuition fees of $500 or more by the due date will have their enrolment in all current programs cancelled. See the Overdue Fees and Penalties webpage for further information.
Assistance to students in fulfilling requirements of their sponsorship agreements
The Sponsorship Development Team can assist with:
- Organising official letters for the Sponsor organisation,
- Managing any Sponsor monitoring visits to RMIT University,
- Providing evidence of completion of studies,
- Arranging tutoring in conjunction with the School,
- Arranging flights for field work or returning home (Australia Awards only),
- Payment of living allowance and any other allowances as appropriate (Australia Awards only),
- Networking events for Sponsored students and their Sponsors,
- Referrals to Student Wellbeing, Counselling, Disability Support, Accommodation Services and other university services.