RMIT is ranked in the world’s top 100 universities by the QS World University and Times Higher Education.
As a QS 5-star university, RMIT is globally recognised for excellence in education, research and strong partnerships with industry and the community.
With more than 300,000 alumni many of our graduates are global leaders - from News Corp CEO, Robert Thomson and BHP Billiton Chair, Jacques Nasser - to former Edinburgh International Festival Director, Sir Jonathan Mills AO.
- RMIT is a QS 5-star University 1
- Top 110 in the world for employer reputation 2
- Top 4 in Australia for graduate employability 3
- Top 15 in Australia 2
- Top 100 in the world for universities under 50 4
- Top 100 in the world in 7 subjects 2
- Recognised by the Australian Research Council as "above world standard” in more than 20 research areas.
1 QS Stars University Ratings 2016
2 QS World University Rankings 2016
3 Graduate Employability Rankings 2016
4 Top 150 Times Higher Education Under 50 Rankings 2016
5 Australian Research Council, Excellence in Research for Australia 2015
QS World University Rankings 2016
- Top 1 in Australia and 16 in the world for Art and Design
- Top 4 in Australia and 36 in the world for Architecture
- Top 100 world ranking for:
See all our Engineering programs
- Top 150 world ranking for:
- Top 300 world ranking for Chemistry
- Top 400 world ranking for
Excellence in Research
The quality of the RMIT’s research work is recognised by the Australian Research Council as:
- World standard in 20+ research areas
- Well above world standard in 13 research areas
- Above world standard in 9 research areas