Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You must have:
- successfully completed an Australian bachelor degree, or equivalent, in any discipline.
All applicants who did not complete their initial tertiary qualification in English at an approved institution in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America need to complete an English test.
Minimum scores required for IELTS academic are: Speaking: 6.5 Writing: 6.5 Reading: 6.5 Listening: 6.5 Overall: 7.0 Minimum scores for TOEFL are: Speaking: 22.0 Writing: 24.0 Reading: 22.0 Listening: 22.0 Overall: 100.0
Working with children check: You must hold a valid Working with Children Check prior to undertaking professional placements as part of this course. For more information visit the Working with Children Check website.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in any discipline other than Education.
This program includes a professional practice work placement.
You must hold a Working with Children Check before undertaking professional practice components of this course. Failure to obtain satisfactory checks may result in being unable to complete this course.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 7.0 (with no individual band below 6.5)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 600 (TWE 5.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 100 (with minimum of 24 in writing and 22 in all other sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 65 (with no communication band less than 58)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 185 with no less than 176 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Build a career with meaning
Make an impact in the lives of children in their early developmental years. Discover how your passion for education can lead to a career that shapes the lives of others.