Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
- A Bachelor of Nursing degree, or equivalent, or a bachelor degree in psychiatric/mental health nursing from an approved higher education institution. (In the case of nurses with senior experience in mental health a Diploma may be considered equivalent.)
- Current registration or be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- 840 hours of supervised clinical practice already completed in the field of mental health nursing OR you are completing this as part of a graduate year program in mental health nursing or supervised practice during the candidature
You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing.
You are required to have a minimum 1 year of nursing experience within the last 5 years (840 hours supervised clinical practice in the field of Mental Health). You must also hold a current registration (or be eligible for registration) as a Registered Nurse in Division 1 or 3 of the Nurses and Midwifery Board of Victoria register and be a practising professional in the area of specialty practice throughout the period of the program (where applicable).
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.