Master of Laboratory MedicineEntry requirements
Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact Info Corner for more information.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
Please contact us for more information.
An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in a cognate discipline (laboratory medicine, biomedical or biological sciences or medicine) with a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.0 out of 4.0
An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in a cognate discipline with at least five years of relevant work experience in diagnostic pathology.
You must have successfully completed:
An Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in a cognate discipline (Laboratory Medicine, Biomedical or Biological Sciences, or Medicine) with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (out of 4.0);
An Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in a cognate discipline (Laboratory Medicine, Biomedical or Biological Sciences, or Medicine) with at least 5 years’ work experience in diagnostic pathology laboratory.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.