Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in architecture or landscape architecture or a related design field.
You will be selected competitively based on your grades and folio.
Semester 2, 2017.
- complete and submit the online pre-selection kit as part of your RMIT direct application by 5pm Wednesday 31 May, 2017.
Once you submit your online application, you will be prompted to complete the pre-selection kit.
- attend an interview in mid to late June if requested by the selection officer.
The pre-selection kit requires a statement outlining why you wish to study this program, and your current research goals.
In your statement, you may wish to consider and address some of the following questions in your response:
- Why do you want to pursue a professional career in design?
- Why landscape architecture at RMIT?
- How has your professional work experience informed your research interests?
- details of academic achievements and professional experience (any work experience you are currently undertaking).
- a folio of pieces from your undergraduate studies, and if available, professional projects.
- A3 or A4 size; maximum 30 pages in colour.
The folio should be: a package of images, drawings, sketches, paintings, models, photographs, computer work, etc. of personal creative/design projects; should include concepts/ideas that lead to the final design piece.
You can upload your work as a single PDF or supply a URL to your work online.
If you successfully complete BP256 Bachelor of Landscapre Architecture with a grade point average of 2.5 or more you are guaranteed entry in to this program.
You must have successfully completed:
The Bachelor of Landscape Architectural Design from RMIT University with a GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0) or above.
An Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in architecture or landscape architecture or a related design field. You will be selected competitively based on your grades and folio.
If you have completed an equivalent Bachelor degree from another institution or are an RMIT graduate and do not meet the requirements for guaranteed entry will be required to attend a folio presentation.
You are required to submit a completed pre-selection kit along with your application.
If you are short-listed, you will be contacted by the Postgraduate Selection Officer to arrange an interview.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.