Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
The Master consists of 192 credit points. After completing 96 credit points of study approved by the Program Manager, you may exit with a graduate diploma. For more more information about this please contact Info Corner.
Provides the foundation courses for sports technology:
- Sports Analytics (including performance statistics, match analysis and forecasting)
- Sports Biomechanics (including muscle and joint mechanics and movement analysis)
- Sports Management (including managing international sports events, entrepreneurship and innovation and sports business leadership)
- Sports Materials (extending to intelligent and nano-materials).
Covers the core courses of sports technology:
- Design and Mechanics of Sports Equipment (testing and optimising snowboards and wheelchairs)
- Design and Technology of Sports Shoes and Apparel (developing energy transfer shoes)
- Sports Aerodynamics and Hydrodynamics (wind-tunnel testing of sports balls and winter sport garments)
- Sports Measurements and Instrumentation (providing theory and hands-on experience in designing a smart cricket ball for training purposes).
Includes the Research Methods in Engineering course, which serves as the starting point of the master thesis research project, as well as 2 of the following electives:
- Management of Technology
- Project Management
- International Engineering Management
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Product Lifecycle Design and Management
- Advanced CAE
- Sportswear and Performance Textiles
- Exertion Games.
Alternatively the entire third semester can be completed as a placement with an international sports company or organisation.
Devoted to the Masters Research Project and writing the thesis. This project can be carried out at RMIT or at a partner sports company or organisation.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Master of Science (International Sports Technology)
|City Campus||2 years||077365A|