Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 2.5 out of 4.0 in Engineering (computer, electronic, telecommunications, communications, network, electrical, biomedical, chemical, mechanical or materials engineering) or Science (materials science or nanotechnology). Applicants with a GPA between 2.0 and 2.5 and with two years' relevant work experience would also be eligible to apply for entry into the program.
International qualifications are assessed according to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
You must have successfully completed:
An Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in engineering (computer, electronic, telecommunications, communications, network, electrical, biomedical, chemical, mechanical, and materials engineering) or Science (materials science or nanotechnology) with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0);
If you have a GPA between 2.0 and 2.5, you may also be considered if you have at least two years relevant work experience in industry.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.