Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
If you have completed the RMIT Bachelor of Science (Food Technology and Nutrition) or equivalent, you may be granted credit toward particular courses within the Master of Food Science and Technology program upon producing documentary evidence of completion of similar undergraduate courses.
If you complete this master's program successfully, including the 36 credit points of research project, you may be considered for admission to a PhD program, subject to availability of a supervisor.
When you successfully complete the following programs and achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0 and complete the prerequisite courses, you are guaranteed entry into the Master of Food Science and Technology with 1 semester of advanced standing (equivalent to 48 credit points):
- Bachelor of Science (Food Technology and Nutrition)
- Bachelor of Science (Food Technology and Nutrition)/Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Food Technology)/Bachelor of Business (Management)
Prerequisite courses include:
- CHEM1083 or CHEM1286 Food Chemistry
- ONPS2435 or ONPS2510 Rheology and Food Biophysics
- ONPS1113 or ONPS2496 Product Development
- OHTH2068 or OHTH2172 Nutrition, Health and Disease
Alternatively, you can gain entry from a range of RMIT undergraduate programs.
You may be eligible for advanced standing up to a maximum of 2 semesters (equivalent to 96 credits points). Eligibility for advanced standing is based on your previous studies and is assessed on a case by case basis.
Learn more about eligibility for credit transfer and recognition of prior learning.
When you successfully complete this program, you may be eligible for entry into an RMIT Masters by Research or Doctoral (PhD) program.