Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
- A bachelor degree in engineering, engineering science or engineering technology (or equivalent qualification) with a major study in one or more of the following relevant engineering disciplines: mechanical, manufacturing, mechatronics, sustainable systems, aerospace, automotive or equivalent
- A Master of Engineering by coursework in one of the relevant disciplines listed above
Applicants should have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of equal to or greater than 2.5 out of 4.0; however applicants who have a GPA of between 2.0 and 2.5 and also a minimum of two years' relevant work experience will also be eligible for consideration.
International qualifications are assessed according to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
If you have a Bachelor of Engineering majoring in mechanical engineering (equivalent to AQF level 8) you may be able to receive up to 96 credit points of exemptions (equivalent to 2 semesters) if successful in gaining a place.
You must have successfully completed:
An Australian Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor of Engineering Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) specialising in at least one of the following disciplines: aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, sustainable systems or automotive engineering with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0)
An Australian Master of Engineering or PhD (or equivalent overseas qualification) in one of the following disciplines: aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, sustainable systems or automotive engineering with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0);
If you have a GPA between 2.0 and 2.5, you may also be considered if you have at least two years relevant work experience in industry.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.