Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
Academic entrance requirements
February and July intake: Year 11 equivalent with D average
Further information about entry requirements of particular countries can be found at: Entry requirements by country
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 530 (TWE 3.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 71 with minimum of 17 in any sections
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE A)): minimum score of 42 (with no band less than 36)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 162 with no less than 154 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
- Students who do not meet the academic requirements for Foundation Studies or VCE Year 12 are advised to do VCE Year 11.
- Students who have already completed a Year 11 equivalent in their own country (or elsewhere), but whose results do not meet the criteria for entry into the Foundation Studies program, may proceed to Foundation Studies after one semester of Year 11 VCE, if they achieve a minimum of a B grade in English and B or C grades in other areas.
- Students who do not meet the English language requirements are advised to complete an intensive English language program at Upper Intermediate level with RMIT English World Wide (REW) before beginning Foundation Studies. Refer to RMIT English Worldwide website for further information.
* Please note that citizens of Australia and New Zealand are not eligible to enter Foundation Studies