Associate Degree in Fashion and Textile MerchandisingEntry requirements
Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact Info Corner for more information.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
Please contact us for more information.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 60% average (check calculator below).
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
If you are not studying year 12 in 2016 you must submit a personal statement outlining:
- your reasons for wanting to study this program
- your intended career path
- your personal strengths and attributes relevant to the program
- details of any related work or voluntary experience.
Applicants studying year 12 in 2016, or who do not submit a personal statement, will be considered on the basis of academic achievement e.g. ATAR.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.0 (with no individual band below 5.5)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 550 (TWE 4.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 79 (with minimum of 19 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 50 (with no communication band less than 42)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 169 with no less than 162 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
When you successfully complete the Associate Degree in Fashion and Textile Merchandising and achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0, you are guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Fashion (Merchandise Management).
Alternatively, you may be eligible for entry into other RMIT undergraduate programs